(Keto, Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30 Option)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Ground Beef Taco Mixture
1 pound Ground Beef (80/20)
½ cup White Onion, diced
1 cup Bell Pepper, diced
1 Jalapeno pepper, minced
2 tsp Garlic, minced
1 tbsp Avocado Oil
1 tsp Chili Powder
½ tsp Cumin
½ tsp Paprika
½ tsp Oregano
1 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
½ cup Almond Flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, heat up 1 tbsp avocado oil. Add in the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until everything begins to soften.
- To the skillet, add in ground beef, Noble Made Hot & Spicy Marinade, and dried seasonings: 1tsp Noble Made All-Purpose Seasoning, Chili Powder, Cumin, Paprika, Oregano. Sauté ground beef in with the vegetables for 5-8 minutes or until beef is cooked through and no longer pink.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, almond flour, and 2 tsp Noble Made All-Purpose Seasoning until a thick batter is formed.
- Place your ground beef mixture in a pie pan or 8x8 baking dish and press the mixture down until it’s flat.
- Pour the egg, cheese and almond flour mixture on top using a spoon or rubber spatula to spread evenly over the ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Topping ideas: salsa, cilantro, sour cream/coconut yogurt, guacamole
Note: Remove cheese from crust and add ½ cup more almond flour for Whole30 Compatible version.
This recipe was created by Valerie Skinner of Thyme and JOY.