(Gluten Free, Paleo, Whole30, Keto)
Prep Time: 15 minutes (+ 2 Hours to soak cashews)
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
1.5 lb Chicken Breasts, filet
1/3 cup Almond Flour
2 tbsp Ground Flax Seed
1 tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 tbsp Ghee or Avocado Oil
For the creamy lemon cashew sauce:
1 cup Cashews, raw unsalted
1 tbsp Lemon Zest
¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
½ cup Chicken Bone Broth or Water
- Soak 1 cup of raw unsalted cashews in water. Make sure they are completely submerged and soak for 2 hours or until soft.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add them to a high speed blender along with lemon zest, lemon juice, bone broth, Noble Made Citrus Herb Seasoning, and Noble Made Coarse-Dijon Mustard. Pulse at first then blend into a creamy smooth consistency.
- Filet chicken breast into two pieces of even thickness or purchase already thin sliced chicken breast.
- Add almond flour, milled flax seed, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Heat up ghee in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Coat the chicken breast pieces evenly in the almond flour mixture. No egg is needed for dredging.
- Fry in the skillet for 5-8 minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through reaching an internal temperature of 165F. Make sure the chicken stays on the skillet long enough on each side to brown and create a crust.
- Plate cooked chicken breast and drizzle with creamy lemon sauce. Serve hot.
This recipe was created by Valerie Skinner of Thyme and JOY.