Prep time: 2 hours
2 Racks of Baby Back Ribs
1 Large Lemongrass Stalk
6-8 Garlic Cloves, Peeled
2 tbsp Apple Cider or Apple Juice
1 tbsp Kosher Salt
½ tbsp Black Pepper
1 cup + 2 tbsp Noble Made Classic Marinade
1 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tsp Arrowroot Flour
2 tbsp Warm Water
- Flip the baby back ribs meat side down. Run a sharp knife under the membrane. Take a paper towel to grip the membrane and pull it off the ribs. Set aside.
- To prepare the lemongrass stalk, remove the woody outer layers. Thinly slice it with a sharp knife.
- In a food processor, add in the sliced lemongrass, garlic cloves, apple cider, kosher salt, black pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the Noble Made Classic Marinade. Pulse until a rough paste forms and everything is well combined.
- Rub the rough paste all over the baby back ribs making sure all sides are coated. Marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Instant Pot method: place trivet into the Instant Pot, add ½ cup water, place ribs on top of the trivet. Close lid, seal the valve, and cook at high pressure for 20-25 minutes depending on how tender you want the ribs. Once done, let it naturally release before removing. Remove ribs from the Instant Pot and place on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper
- Oven method: preheat oven to 350F, place ribs on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet and bake for 2-2 ½ hours. Remove from oven.
- During the last 10 minutes of the ribs cooking, regardless of which cooking method used, add 1 cup of the Noble Made Classic Marinade and fish sauce into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and then lower the heat to bring the sauce to a simmer. Meanwhile, mix the arrowroot flour with the warm water to create a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the marinade, mix until well combined, and simmer until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Brush the marinade onto the baby back ribs on both sides (a little goes a long way), and then add the baby back ribs into a preheated 450F oven. Roast for about 5-7 minutes to help caramelize the marinade.
This recipe was created by Dolly Sengsavang from the blog A Dash of Dolly. See the full post here!