Whole30, Paleo, Gluten-Free
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Yield: 6 Servings
2 lbs Yellow Onion
3 cloves Garlic
3 tbsp Ghee or Butter
2 tbsp Noble Made Classic Marinade
8 cups Beef Broth or Beef Stock
1 tbsp Arrowroot Starch
2 Dried Bay Leaves
4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Cut and slice your onions into 1/8 inch salad slices (rainbow shape) and mince your garlic.
- In an instant pot, use the saute function to melt 3 tbsp butter or ghee.
- Once butter is melted, add onions and garlic and saute for 15-20 minutes making sure to constantly keep an eye on it and stir to keep from burning. After about 15-20 minutes the onions should be soft and translucent.
- Add 1 tbsp arrowroot starch and 2 tablespoons of Noble Made Classic Marinade and stir to combine.
- Pour in 8 cups of beef broth.
- Add bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Cook on manual HIGH pressure for 15 minutes.
- Use a quick release or natural release and serve hot.
OPTIONAL: pour in crock pot or ramekins
This recipe was created by Valerie from the blog Thyme & Joy. See the full post here