Paleo & Gluten-Free
Yield: 4-5 Servings
2 tbsp Ghee
1 cup Chopped Onions
1 cup Chopped Celery
1 cup Chopped Leeks
2 tsp Garlic Herb Seasoning
1 tsp Apple Pie Spice
1/2 package (2 links) Apple & Chicken Sausage
3 Eggs, Whisked
¼ cup Currants
½ cup Almond Flour
½ cup Milled Flax Seed
8 oz Noble Made Citrus Marinade and Cooking Sauce, Separated
¼ cup Chopped Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grab a medium sized cast iron pan and turn your stovetop to low/medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons ghee to warm.
- Once melted, add onion, celery, leeks and spices. Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add diced sausage. Remove from heat.
- Whisk 3 eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add almond flour, flax, half of the Noble Made Citrus Herb Marinade and currants to eggs. Mix well.
- Add mixture to saute in cast iron pan. Drizzle the rest of the marinade back and forth across pan evenly. Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Transfer to oven (be careful, it’s hot!) and bake for 45 minutes or until browned on top.
No skillet? Grease a medium-size baking dish with avocado oil before sautéing ingredients (a 9x9" works well). After eggs have been added and the mixture is well-stirred, transfer mixture to baking dish. Continue baking as directed.
This recipe was created by @WhitnessNutrition. Give her a follow and check out her page for more inspiration!