Gluten Free, Keto, Whole30 Option
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
For Sloppy Joe Filling
1lb Lean Ground Beef
1 Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 medium Onion, diced
2 tsp Garlic, minced
1 14oz can Crushed Tomatoes
1/4 cup Noble Made Tomato Ketchup
1/4 cup Tomato Paste
2 tbsp Noble Made Classic Marinade
2 tsp Avocado Oil
1 cup Shredded Cheddar
½ cup Almond Flour
FOR WHOLE30 COMPLIANT VERSION
- Omit the cheese
- Heat up 2 tsp avocado oil or olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in chopped garlic, bell peppers and onions and sauté for 5 minutes or until they become soft.
- Add in ground beef, break apart and sauté until beef is no longer pink.
- Add in Noble Made Classic Marinade, apple cider vinegar, Noble Made Tomato Ketchup, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste and stir to evenly combine.
- Turn heat down to medium low and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until everything is cooked through and thickened. You want to make sure as much liquid is reduced as possible. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cheese, Noble Made All-Purpose Seasoning and almond flour until a thick batter is formed.
- Place your cooked sloppy joe mixture in a pie pan or 8x8 baking dish and press the mixture down until it’s flat.
- Pour the egg, cheese and almond flour crust on top using a spoon or rubber spatula to spread evenly over the ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350° or until topping is cooked through and starts to become golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This recipe was created by Valerie Skinner of Thyme and JOY.