This spicy hamburger soup gives all the flavor of a hamburger along with a dose of nutrient dense veggies for a low carb lunch or dinner.
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Keto
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
1 pound Lean Ground Beef
1 cup Red Onion, diced
2 cup Celery, diced
2 tsp Garlic Cloves, minced
1.5 cups Zucchini, diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
8 oz Baby Portobello Mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup Dill Pickles, chopped
1 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes
1 8oz Can Tomato Paste
1/2 cup Pickle Juice
¼ cup Noble Made by The New Primal Hot & Spicy Marinade
6 cups Beef Broth
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 tsp Avocado Oil
2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- In a large soup pot, heat avocado oil over medium high heat. Add in garlic, onion and celery and sauté for 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add in ground beef and sauté in with onion, garlic and celery until ground beef is cooked through. Add mushrooms, zucchini, bell pepper, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and sauté for 5-8 minutes or until zucchini and bell pepper begins to soften.
- Stir in Noble Made by The New Primal Hot & Spicy Marinade, pickle juice, diced tomato, tomato paste, beef broth and chopped dill pickles.
- Turn up heat to high and bring soup to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes and turn down to a simmer for 25 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings if needed, garnish with parsley and serve hot. Top with shredded cheddar cheese for cheeseburger soup.
This recipe was created by Valerie Skinner of Thyme and JOY.