This Citrus Zest dressing and marinade gives this flank steak a tender zesty kick! Perfect for sandwiches, tacos or salads.
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Keto
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
1.5 lb Flank Steak
1 tbsp Avocado Oil
- Pat raw flank steak with a paper towel to dry.
- Add flank steak and Citrus Zest Dressing to a plastic bag, remove excess air and let sit in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours to marinate fully.
- Once marinated, pull flank steak out of fridge and pat dry once again. Let steak sit out on counter for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet with 1 tbsp avocado oil and heat until just before it starts smoking. You will see the oil start to ripple.
- Sear one side of flank steak for 3-4 minutes on each side (for medium rare). Once steak is cooked, let rest on a plate and tent with foil for 10 minutes
- Slice steak against the grain and serve.
This recipe was created by Valerie Skinner from the blog Thyme and JOY.