Instant pot collard greens is an easy way to make collard greens fast and with a lot of flavor.
Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
2 lbs Collard Greens with Stems
4 slices Uncooked Bacon, chopped
1 cup White Onion, diced
2 tsp Garlic, minced
1 can Diced Tomatoes
½ cup Chicken or Vegetable Stock
½ tsp Smoked Paprika
⅛ tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp Sea Salt
- Wash and dry your collard greens thoroughly and chop into large bite sized pieces with the stems on. Alternatively, you could purchase a bag of pre-chopped collard greens to save time.
- Turn instant pot to sauté function on high. Add in chopped bacon and sauté for 5-8 minutes or until bacon starts to brown. Add in diced onion, garlic, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt and continue to sauté until onion becomes translucent (about another 5 minutes).
- Add in your raw, chopped collard greens in batches. As they begin to wilt, stir them in with the bacon garlic and onion mixture and keep adding raw greens until they all fit in the instant pot.
- Add in theThe New Primal Citrus & Herb Marinade, canned tomatoes (not drained), stock and stevia and toss with tongs until everything is combined.
- Pressure cook on HIGH for 3 minutes and use a quick release once finished cooking. Adjust any seasonings if necessary.
This recipe was created by Valerie Skinner of Thyme and JOY.