Paleo, Whole30, Gluten Free
Prep Time: 2 Hours
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
Gluten Free Stuffing Cubes
1 loaf Gluten Free Bread (12-16oz)
2 tbsp Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
Salt & Pepper to Taste
Gluten Free Stuffing
1 Batch Gluten Free Stuffing Cubes
1/4 cup Butter or Ghee
½ Lemon, juiced
1.5 cups Celery, diced
1.5 cups White Onion, diced
2 tsp Minced Garlic
1.5 Tbsp Noble Made Citrus Herb Seasoning
1 cup Dried Cranberries
2 cups Chicken or Turkey Stock
2 Eggs, beaten
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- To Make Gluten Free Stuffing Cubes: Preheat your oven to 325°F. Cut your gluten free bread into small even sized cubes. In a large bowl, toss them with oil, salt and pepper. Place them in an even single layer on a baking sheet pan and bake making sure to toss them every 5-8 minutes until they are toasted but not burned. This should take about 15-20 minutes depending on which bread you use. Set aside to cool but turn the oven up to 350°F.
- Heat up your butter or ghee in a large skillet over medium heat, then add chopped celery, onion and garlic, salt, pepper and Citrus Herb Seasoning. Sauté for 7-10 minutes over medium high heat or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in Citrus Herb Marinade and juice of half a lemon.
- Remove from heat and add contents of the skillet to a large bowl along with the toasted gluten free bread cubes, dried cranberries, and chicken or turkey stock.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 eggs then add to the large bowl.
- Toss everything together gently until it is all evenly coated and liquid is absorbed and distributed.
- Place in a greased casserole dish and bake covered at 350°F for 25-30 minutes covered.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the top becomes toasted and browned. Serve hot along with your favorite gluten free Thanksgiving foods.
This recipe was created by Valerie Skinner of Thyme and JOY.