Father’s Day is an amazing time to celebrate the dads in your life. Whether it is your father, the father of your children, or someone who stepped in as a dad, this is a special day to celebrate them. While you can go with traditional gifts, there are some fun alternatives to consider. Many people say that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. We have Father’s Day Food Gifts you don’t want to miss.
Father’s Day Food Gifts
Get Dad Ready to Grill
Do you have a dad in your life who loves to fire up the grill? Father’s Day falls right in the heart of the summer grilling season. This makes grilling gifts the perfect go to for your Father’s Day gifting. Even better, there are a variety of options to really make this gift special! Here are a few grilling gift ideas and a recipe dad is sure to enjoy:
- Custom Apron - Celebrate the dad in your life with a customized apron that has his name or favorite saying on it. Options like “Grill Boss” or “Grill Master” are also great ideas.
- BBQ Sauce Bundle - Give dad a variety of new flavors to use when grilling with a BBQ sauce bundle. Let him try new flavors and enjoy a new spin on a favorite recipe.
- Grilling Tool Set - Items like tongs, grilling spatulas, and grilling fork can all be a good gift on their own or as a gift basket with some of the items above.
- A New Grill - Is it time to take dad’s grilling to the next level. This year may be the year to upgrade his grill or buy a new feature to add on to his existing grill.
- 1 cup Noble Made Classic BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserve
- 1/4 cup sliced jalapeños
- 1/2 tbsp jalapeño brine
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- avocado oil
- wooden skewers
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes and set aside until ready to use.
- In a food processor or blender, add in Noble Made Classic BBQ Sauce, strawberry preserve, jalapeño slices, and jalapeño brine. Blend until the jalapeños slices are well blended.
- Add strawberry BBQ sauce to a small saucepan and gently simmer for about 10 minutes. Separate 1/2 cup of strawberry BBQ sauce.
- Cube chicken into bite-size pieces. Season with kosher salt, black pepper, and 1/4 cup of strawberry BBQ.
- Thread 4-5 pieces of chicken onto the wooden skewer. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken skewers to grill on medium-high heat and lightly baste the chicken skewers using the 1/2 cup of strawberry BBQ sauce you separated.
- Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes, flip, baste, cook for another 2-3 minutes, and then flip one more time and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with any leftover strawberry BBQ sauce.
Get Dad Something for His Favorite Outdoor Activities
During the summer months, dad gets to enjoy a huge variety of his favorite outdoor activities. Whether he loves to fish, hike, or just enjoys a day out at the park with family, there are some great gift ideas you should consider. Spending time in the great outdoors can be the perfect way to enjoy the summer for many dads. The best thing about picking gifts for an outdoors-loving dad is that there are so many options. Here are a few outdoor gifts and a recipe to try for enjoying outside together.
- Put together an outdoor snack pack - With items like grass-fed beef jerky, Snack Mates, dried fruits, trail mix, and more, an outdoor snack pack may be just the gift for the dad in your life. Help him enjoy his time in the great outdoors with some snacks he’s sure to love.
- Favorite things gift basket - In order to enjoy his favorite activity, put together a “favorite things” gift basket. This could include items like fishing gear, hiking gear, or even a picnic set for a family picnic outing. Make it work with your budget by making it as big or small as you need to.
- Large Gifts! - Not every gift works for a gift basket. Instead, you might try picking one bigger gift that goes with his outdoor hobby. This could mean a fishing radar, new hiking boots, or even a road trip to a favorite outdoor location.
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1/2 bottle Noble Made Citrus Herb Marinade
- 1 pineapple
- cauliflower rice, frozen bag
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp of cilantro
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Marinade chicken with Noble Made Citrus Herb Marinade in a Ziploc bag for 1-6 hours.
- Preheat a pan over medium heat with olive oil and sauté chicken until it’s cooked. Let rest for five minutes and cube. Cover and keep warm.
- While the chicken cooks, cook cauliflower rice (frozen bag will work great here). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the pineapple lengthwise and scoop out the meat. Set aside and cut into chunks.
- Remove the pit from the avocado and dice. Combine with pineapple, cilantro, and the juice of half of a lime.
- Fill the pineapple with the chicken, cauliflower rice and avocado, cilantro, lime, and pineapple mixture.
Have an Un-Father’s Day
Father’s Day doesn’t bring the same joy to everyone. In fact, Father’s Day can be a very difficult day. Absentee or abusive fathers complicate emotions and can be difficult to navigate. It can be tempting to let this day be hard, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some ways to have an Un-Father’s Day and a recipe you can share with the special people who are in your life.
- Celebrate the day with your favorite people - Father’s Day may not always be a good day, but it doesn’t mean it has to be an unhappy one. Plan a get-together with friends who also struggle with this day and find ways to fill the day with laughter.
- Find ways to give back - Sometimes the best way to overcome a difficult day is to find ways to serve others. Cook a meal for a foster family, help out at a shelter, or spend some time at a local charity that is in need of help. Giving back can help you to focus on the positive on this day.
- Plan a cookout - One way to enjoy the day with friends is to do a cookout. You can do it potluck style or cook for the people you love most in this life. Plan a cookout and use the recipe below to add a special touch to it.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup TNP Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 4 wooden skewers
- Cut the following into large chunks: chicken breast, bell pepper, red onion.
- In a bowl, add chicken breast and 1/4 cup TNP Mustard BBQ Sauce and toss until well coated. Marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Add chicken and vegetables onto a skewer in order until skewer is evenly assembled.
- Grill on medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through (about 12-15 minutes).
- Drizzle with remaining BBQ sauce.