Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: about 6 servings
2 lbs of Ground Lamb
6 Tortillas (gluten free)
2 cups Dairy Free Mexican Style Cheese Blend
2/3 cup Noble Made Mustard BBQ Sauce
5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ tsp Brown Sugar
¼ tsp Ground Coffee (your choice)
¼ tsp Honey
¼ tsp Onion Flakes
¼ tsp Paprika
¼ tsp Red Pepper flakes
¼ tsp Roasted Garlic Flakes
¼ tsp Sea Salt
¼ tsp Smoked Paprika Flakes
- In a large bowl, add lamb, Mustard BBQ Sauce, brown sugar, coffee (your choice), honey, onion flakes, paprika, garlic flakes, sea salt, and paprika flakes. Mix until all ingredients are blended into the ground lamb. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On stove, heat wok or pan to medium high. Add 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Lightly crisp each tortilla, cooking 30 seconds to 1 minute on each side. Add olive oil to pan as needed for each new tortilla (or 1 tbsp after each set of 2 tortillas). Set aside.
- On stove, in heated wok or pan (medium high), add 2 tbsp olive oil.
- When olive oil is heated, fry the lamb mixture until well done.
- Lay three crisped tortillas out on a nonstick pan. Cover each tortilla in a layer of cheese, then lamb, then one more layer of cheese.
- Cover each of the topped tortillas and filling with another crisped tortilla. Smash the “quesadilla” flat with your hands. And slide into oven. Bake 5-7 minutes on each side, or until quesadillas are brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven. Set aside to cool.
- Slice and serve!
Note: For sugar-sensitive bodies, this recipe is just as great eliminating the brown sugar and honey.
This recipe was created by @kholi. As a Liberian, growing up in Winston-Salem, NC, her historical foodways have often mixed with the flavors of the large Latinx and Greek communities in her small town. This makes for a palate that craves bold, multicultural flavors created from hearty ingredients. Give her a follow and check out her blog for even more recipes and wellness inspiration.
Check out My Big Fat Southern Greek Salad here to pair with your Crunchy Quesadillas.