Whole30 & Paleo
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours
4 lb. Pork Butt or Shoulder
2 tbsp. Coarse Sea Salt
1 tbsp. Smoked Paprika
15 oz. can Pineapple Tidbits (no sugar added)
1/4 Bunch Cilantro, Chopped
1/2 Red Onion, finely Diced
- Dry pork butt with paper towels.
- Rub with salt and smoked paprika.
- Cut into 2 to 3 pieces to fit evenly inside Instant Pot.
- Drain pineapple juice over the meat and set aside pineapple tidbits.
- Cook on Manual setting under high pressure for 90 minutes.
- Once pressure is reached, let meat sit on warm setting for an additional 90 minutes.
- Remove meat, place in a bowl and discard liquid and fat.
- Shred pork with a fork.
- Add 5 oz. Noble Made Classic BBQ Sauce to pork, or until desired texture is reached, and mix thoroughly. (Optional: To crisp up pork, place in a single layer on a sheet pan and broil for 5 minutes.)
- Top with pineapple chunks, cilantro and red onion.
*SLOW COOKER OPTION:
- Follow steps 1 through 4.
- Cook 5-6 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
This recipe was created by Valerie Skinner from Thyme and JOY. See the full post here.